Dr. Vannak Dom
Dr. Vannak Dom is currently serving as an Assistant Dean for the School of Graduate Studies and an Assistant Professor at The University of Cambodia
Hallym University (Korea) (March 2015 — February 2018)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Sociology (Emphasis on Higher Education)
• Department of Sociology, Graduate school of Sociology.
• Dissertation title: “Socioeconomic Studies of Demands for Higher Education in Phnom Penh, Cambodia”.
Hallym University was placed as Korea’s top 15 and Asia’s top 100 universities in the QS World University Ranking of universities under 50 years old “Dream’s University for the Young People” in Korea by Don-A Daily Newspaper in 2013.
Chonnam National University (Korea) (September 2013 — February 2015)
- Studies at Chonnam Language Center (Korean Language and Culture).
Christ University (India) (June 2011 — March 2013)
Master of Arts in Sociology
- Studies in the Department of Sociology.
- Dissertation title: Child Labour in Bangalore: Causes and Consequences
Christ University (India) (June 2008 — March 2011)
Bachelor of Arts in History, Economics and Political Science (triple major)
- Studies in the Department of History, Economics, and Political Science, with triple majors.
Christ University is ranked among the top 10 best private universities in India based on India-today. Its latest 2017 rank is #8 in overall score, whereas Department of Humanities and Social Sciences ranked #2.
- 2013, 5 Weeks Online certificate course on Aboriginal Worldviews and Education, University of Toronto, Canada).
- 2014, 6 Weeks Online certificate course on Human Trafficking, Ohio State University, USA).
- 3 credit certificate course on International Political Economy, Christ University, India).
Dr. Dom’s research interests actively focus on Education, Social problems, Gender issues, Media, and Culture.